Get the skills to go off the beaten track
If you are looking for work at a mine site or you are already working onsite, or simply want to broaden your skillset we can help you gain the basic skills to drive and maintain a 4WD in an environment beyond the city streets.
This one day four wheel driving course will introduce you to the vehicle skills you need to work in many different industries including the geological and mining industries. This course will give you time behind the wheel and prepare you for routine and emergency situations while operating a 4WD vehicle. You'll start at our East Perth campus before going to experience some four wheel drive tracks on the outskirts of Perth.
A manual or an automatic drivers licence is a prerequisite for this course.
You'll need to wear steel capped boots, a hat, long sleeved shirt and long pants.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for RII30515-SS-A (RIIVEH305E) Operate and Maintain a four wheel drive vehicle.
This course has an online component followed by a practical (driving) day 8am - 3:30pm (unless otherwise stated).
This course will next be delivered in 2021.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.