Take your photos to a new level
This course will teach you how to use Lightroom, from basic techniques through to more advanced applications (such as portrait retouching). Moving beyond just taking photographs, this course will help you develop your body of work and lead you down the path to getting the work shown to a wider audience.
This is a practical course - you will have access to a computer in the classroom to use the techniques and methods as they are explained and demonstrated by the lecturer.
You will need to bring:
- USB with images
- Pen and notepad
Topics covered in this course include:
- Find your way around Lightroom
- Manage and organise your photos into a useful library
- Basic corrections and fixing problems
- Add creative enhancements
- Get the most out of your images
- Retouching and enhancing techniques
- Create and export digital files for a range of uses (such as web, print, social media, sharing with friends, etc.)
- Create printed books – direct from Lightroom
- Create your own website – direct from Lightroom
- Create slideshows and slideshow videos – direct from Lightroom
- Print your images
Basic knowledge of operating a computer.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.