Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Ageing and Disability Job Ready Program
A career in the ageing or disability sector can be very rewarding. You can get started in one of the fastest growing workforces in Western Australia and make a positive difference to the lives of others.
This is an exciting opportunity to start a career that makes a difference and supports a person to reach their goals, engage with the community and meet their support needs.
As part of this course you will attend a work placement with an employer where you will gain real, hands on industry experience and secure a ‘foot in the door’.
By completing the Ageing and Disability Job Ready Program, you may:
- Be offered a job with your work placement employer
- Be offered an aged care or disability work traineeship
- Use your skills to transition into an allied health occupation
- Gain employer references
- Be connected with other employment opportunities within these sectors or
- Complete further studies
- Compliance with infection prevention and control polices and procedures
- How to conduct manual tasks safely
- How to meet personal support needs
- How to communicate and work in health or community services
I have the following attributes:
- Willing to deal with physical demands and manual tasks (e.g bending, squatting)
- Willing to be on your feet for extended periods of time, both walking or standing
- Have the ability to identify hazards and risks, and willing to follow work health and safety (WHS) procedures.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a range of people (e.g. clients, families, co-workers)
- Have the ability to understand and use math concepts effectively (e.g. measurements, basic calculations, 24 hour clock)
- Willing to be flexible with working hours
- Have reliable transport to get to work
Please note a minimum age requirement of 18 years is applicable to this program.
To enter the ageing or disability sector, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- NDIS worker screening check
- Current Flu vaccine
- National Criminal History Record Check
Please note, you may be required to meet additional requirements to enter the workforce, however these may be sector or work place specific and you will be notified if you are required to meet any additional requirements.
This course is full time for 3 weeks. You will also attend full time 10 days of work placement.
2021 course start dates
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.