Interpreting is a skill that can be used to help people across many community and service industries
Are you, or will you be, in an interpreting or language-related role in the workplace or community? If so then this course will help you meet two of the training prerequisite requirements of the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) Certified Provisional Interpreter Test. You will be given guidance in interpreting techniques.
Please note, you must meet English proficiency requirements to enrol, refer to the requirements below for further information.
- PSPTIS001 Apply codes and standards to ethical practice
- PSPTIS002 Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS003 Prepare to translate and interpret
- PSPTIS042 Manage discourses in general settings
This skill set is intended for aspiring interpreters.
You'll be required to demonstrate that you meet the English language prerequisites prior to enrolment either by providing:
- evidence of completion of a tertiary qualification (degree or higher) where the language of instruction was English or
- English proficiency comparable or greater than NAATI's English Proficiency requirements(opens in a new tab)
or by using any of the tests listed below:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test - General
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language - Internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) - Academic
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) Test
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- International Second Language Proficiency Ratings (ISLPR) English Test
The necessary score for each test can be found on NAATI's website(opens in a new tab) .
Please note Successful completion of this skill set will give candidates two of the four prerequisite training requirements set by NAATI for the Certified Provisional Interpreter Test. The skill set will provide information and training in interpreting techniques. It does not aim to produce fully trained interpreters.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus Term 1
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
|How||On Campus Term 1|
Semester 2, 2021
Perth - On Campus Term 4
|When||Semester 2, 2021|
|How||On Campus Term 4|