Provide high level care and support in an disability care setting
This skill set is suited for those working with clients with high support and complex care needs. You'll gain a range of strategies and skills to support and care for clients.
You'll also be equipped with additional skills to help you assess and identify the care needs of residents. Understanding the importance of risk factors and potential impact on a resident is a key component to the skill set, along with strategies to minimize and monitor interventions.
- Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
- Develop and provide person-centred service responses
- Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
- Administer and monitor medications
This skill set has been developed to be delivered in several different ways providing flexibility for you depending on your current circumstances:
- Structured with individual organisation to meet workforce upskilling needs
- A blend of online learning supported by face to face workshops