Breathe new life into tired treasures
This course is for anyone who wants to fix up or rejuvenate old or second hand furniture. You'll learn how to effectively and safely use lacquers, putty and shellac to carry out antique restoration of old and used furniture.
You can bring in your own timber furniture project to work on. If you dont have a project we can supply an item for you to work on but we will retain it after completion of this short course.
You will need to supply your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) i.e. safety glasses, rubber mask, closed shoes, appropriate clothing.
Classes are run over five Tuesday evenings, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
2021 course dates
Term 1, 16/2 – 16/3
Term 2, 4/5 – 1/6
Term 3, 3/8 – 31/8
Term 4, 19/10 – 16/11
If you have completed Woodwork Introduction(opens in a new tab) you may bring your piece of furniture along to finish it in this course.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.