The COVID19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of building the capacity and understanding of the workforce across a range of areas.
This skill set has been developed to promote safe food practices, infection prevention, and control and safe manual handling measures. These measures will assist in providing a safe environment and hygiene practices when preparing, handling, serving and assisting with meals. Ancillary aged care and personal care staff including cooks, and chefs as well as staff involved in meal delivery and assisting clients with their meals will benefit from this food handling skill set.
You'll gain the following skills:
- Undertake manual tasks safely
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks, including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) effectively to prevent the spread and transmission of infection
- Create a safe work environment
- Understand and implement safe food practices
This skill set will be delivered through a mix of online training and on campus practical laboratory and simulated sessions.
You will be required to attend 4 days on campus as part of the training.
Employers within the aged care and community services sector use a values based model for employment supported by the relevant skills and qualifications.
Working with children check/police clearance will be required to undertake work in the aged care, community services and health sector.
Tuition $154 plus Resource fees $25 - Total $179
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.