Progress your career as an Enrolled Nurse with this Advanced Aged Care Skill Set
North Metropolitan TAFE is offering a set of Advanced Skill Sets for Enrolled Nurses.
If you are an Enrolled Nurse who holds current registration and you are working in or looking to work in an aged care setting, providing care for older adults, this skill set will enable you to take on more responsibility within your scope of practice.
Gain these skills:
- Make reliable clinical assessments and judgements in a variety of aged care settings
- Provide palliative care approach to care in a variety of aged care settings
- Advanced communication skills, strategies and activities to support people living with dementia
You are able to enrol in this skill set throughout the year.
The skill set will be delivered via a mix of online and assessment in the workplace.
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who are currently
- working in Australia as an enrolled nurse and
- hold current registration as an enrolled nurse without notation with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au
This skill set will be delivered via a mix of online, skills sessions and assessment in the workplace.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.