North Metropolitan TAFE is running specialist skill sets for migrant professionals who wish to improve their English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
If English is not your first language, and you are a migrant professional looking to improve your skills or develop greater confidence in workplace English, our skill sets will help you achieve your goal.
This skill set focuses on listening and presenting complex oral presentations in an employment or professional setting. There are many situations where you will be required to either create and present or listen and understand complex oral presentations and you'll gain the skills needed to help you do both.
You'll gain confidence and feel more comfortable when participating in these presentations, improving your employment and promotion prospects.
Please note classes will only run with sufficient numbers.
Wednesdays, 3:00pm - 6:30pm. Start date to be confirmed. Next intake – Term 1, 2021 – start date to be confirmed.
If you apply for this skill set we will contact you when we have enough students (12) to run the class.
Total Tuition fees: $16.80
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.