Learn to edit footage using DaVinci Resolve software
DaVinci Resolve software lets you refine footage post production and combines editing, colour correction, visual effects, motion graphics and audio. It has been the industry leader in colour grading for decades - now its editing features are attracting a new and fast-growing user base.
This one day workshop will cover the Resolve Cut page, which offers a reimagined interface for quick and easy one stop editing; and the Edit page which offers a powerful set of more traditional editing features. Training will be done on the free version of Resolve. There will be the chance to see and use Resolve speed panels too.
By the end of the course you will know how to:
- Import media
- Assemble and edit basic sequences in Resolve
- Polish sequences by trimming edits and setting sound levels
- Export Video files suitable for upload to Youtube
You will need to have some experience with computers. A basic familiarity with Macs and an understanding of the video editing process would be helpful.
Course date 7 August 2021
Timetable One day workshop, Saturday 9:30am - 3:30pm
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.