An exciting start to a rewarding career
The Early Childhood Aboriginal Skill Set is a unique set of three units designed to give Aboriginal students an exciting start toward a career in early childhood.
The course is delivered by a lecturer with knowledge in Aboriginal culture and learning styles and is supported by an Aboriginal mentor. It is based on the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework and aims to provide a culturally safe learning environment.
Non-Aboriginal students can apply through interview.
- Ability to work with families of young children in early childhood settings
- Provide culturally safe learning and care environments for young children
- Work with culturally diverse people in the education and care environment
I have the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm about working with young children
- Sound English language skills including reading and writing
This course includes practical experience in an early childhood centre.
You will need to obtain a Working with Children Check card.
You'll attend classes two days per week for one term
Term 2 course commences 21 April
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
|$218.20 ($178.20 tuition, $40 resource)||$92.80 ($52.80 tuition, $40 resource)|
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.