An exciting start to a rewarding career
The Early Childhood Aboriginal Skill Set is a unique set of three units designed to give Aboriginal students an exciting start toward a career in early childhood.
The course is delivered by a lecturer with knowledge in Aboriginal culture and learning styles and is supported by an Aboriginal mentor. It is based on the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework and aims to provide a culturally safe learning environment.
Non-Aboriginal students can apply through interview.
- Ability to work with families of young children in early childhood settings
- Provide culturally safe learning and care environments for young children
- Work with culturally diverse people in the education and care environment
I have the following attributes:
- Enthusiasm about working with young children
- Sound English language skills including reading and writing
This skill set will next be offered in 2021.
This course includes practical experience in an early childhood centre.
You will need to obtain a Working with Children Check card.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
|$218.20 ($178.20 tuition, $40 resource)||$92.80 ($52.80 tuition, $40 resource)|
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.