Build a career working with the world of the web
Websites are a crucial aspect of any organisation across all industries. The need for talented and skilled developers is high, so once you've completed your qualification in website development, your options are endless.
The Diploma of Web Development covers the whole life cycle for commercially ready websites by working on live projects. At this level you develop skills that mean you are industry ready, from conception, liaising with clients, documentation, graphics, coding, testing to training of users. You'll be able to utilise project management techniques and develop advanced soft skills such as communication with clients through team work to produce the end product aligned with business needs. Independent thinking and problem solving skills developed within your Certificate IV course are further enhanced with real life client projects.
Our graduates are confident, job ready and sought after by industry because of the specific skills they have gained at North Metropolitan TAFE. Many have employment by the time they graduate.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification should contact the area to ensure they apply for the correct level of study.
- Advanced problem solving and research skills
- Advanced digital graphics
- Frameworks, WordPress, SASS software
- UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) design
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Aptitude for design
- Interested in developing knowledge of computer programming languages
- Happy to keep up to date with new web technologies and trends
I have attended the end of year graduations of students from North Metropolitan TAFE for the Cert IV in Programming, Cert IV in Web Based Technologies, Diploma of Software Development and Diploma of Website Development. As part of the experience, I see their end of year projects demonstrated and have the opportunity to question them on what they have built and the extent of their knowledge. Those students are Industry ready. I have attended for at least the past fours years, probably longer, and continue to be impressed with what I see. The courses get stronger each year, and the students graduating have a lot to offer.
Michelle Sandford, Chairman of the Australian Computer Society in WA, and Microsoft STEM Advocate
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
Other job titles may include:
- Web Production Manager | Web Business Development Manager | Website Group Manager | Web Development Manager
- Intranet Engineer
- Web Usability Engineer
- eCommerce Architect | Information Architect
- eBusiness Development Officer
- Independent Web Developer
- WAP Designer | WAP Developer
- Website Administrator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This course may assist with entry into university.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.