Your future will take off with our Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
This diploma course can open up global travel for your clients, and you. Plus you'll be equipped to access a diverse range of employment prospects in areas including travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, inbound tour operators, tourist attractions, visitor information centres, government tourism agencies and other tourism businesses.
If you're looking for a well-rounded qualification in travel and tourism then this is the ideal course for you. You'll gain experience in a range of skills that are essential for employment in the industry.
We now have agreements with Murdoch University and Curtin University which means you can begin on your Travel and Tourism Management path with us and continue on to gain a degree. Your training at North Metropolitan TAFE could reduce the time and money you spend completing a relevant university degree and you will be equipped to work in the industry while you study, check out the Further Study section below for details.
- Managerial skills
- Sound knowledge of industry operations
- Quality customer service provision
- Coordinate marketing activities
- Manage finances and prepare budgets
- Tourism product management
- e-marketing skills
I have the following attributes:
- Positive attitude
- Enjoy different countries and cultures
- Attention to detail
- Confident and sales focused
- Strong customer focus
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good computer skills
You may be eligible for direct entry into this Diploma with:
- completion of WACE General or ATAR (miminum C Grades) or equivalent AND
- relevant knowledge and experience
Completion of Certificate III in Tourism or Certificate III in Travel also meets entrance requirements for this Diploma course.
Other job titles may include:
- Travel Agency Manager | Retail Travel Agency Manager
- Reservations Manager
- Call Centre Manager
- Director / Owner-Operator (small tourism business)
- Tourism Manager | Tour Operations Manager | Cultural Tour Operations Manager
- Visitor Information Centre Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE now has agreements with Murdoch University and Curtin University which means you can start studying Travel and Tourism Management with us and continue on to gain a degree. With a Diploma from North Metropolitan TAFE you could work while you continue your studies at university.
By starting your study with us you'll benefit from
- hands on experience in small classes
- lecturers who are industry experts
- graduating with a TAFE Diploma as well as a University degree
- gaining a broad network of industry contacts
At Murdoch University you can go straight into the second year of a Bachelor of Business degree after completing your Diploma .
Check our flyer (955 KB) (PDF document) for more details about the articulation agreement with Murdoch University.
At Curtin University completion of NMT's Diploma will help you gain 150 credits towards a Bachelor of Commerce (Tourism and Hospitality Major).
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2021 (fees are subject to change in 2022). Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.