Your future will take off with our Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
This diploma course can open up global travel for your clients, and you. Plus you'll be equipped to access a diverse range of employment prospects in areas including travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, inbound tour operators, tourist attractions, visitor information centres, government tourism agencies and other tourism businesses.
If you're looking for a well-rounded qualification in travel and tourism then this is the ideal course for you. You'll gain experience in a range of skills that are essential for employment in the industry.
- Managerial skills
- Sound knowledge of industry operations
- Quality customer service provision
- Coordinate marketing activities
- Manage finances and prepare budgets
- Tourism product management
- e-marketing skills
I have the following attributes:
- Positive attitude
- Enjoy different countries and cultures
- Attention to detail
- Confident and sales focused
- Strong customer focus
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good computer skills
You may be eligible for direct entry into this Diploma with:
- completion of WACE General or ATAR (miminum C Grades) or equivalent AND
- relevant knowledge and experience
Completion of Certificate III in Tourism or Certificate III in Travel also meets entrance requirements for this Diploma course.
Other job titles may include:
- Travel Agency Manager | Retail Travel Agency Manager
- Reservations Manager
- Call Centre Manager
- Director / Owner-Operator (small tourism business)
- Tourism Manager | Tour Operations Manager | Cultural Tour Operations Manager
- Visitor Information Centre Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE now has an agreement with Murdoch University which means you can begin your study in Travel and Tourism Management with us and go straight into the second year of a Bachelor of Business degree at Murdoch University.
By starting your study with us you'll benefit from
- hands on experience in small classes
- lecturers who are industry experts
- graduating with a TAFE Diploma as well as a University degree
- gaining a broad network of industry contacts
Check our flyer (578 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab) for more details about the articulation agreement with Murdoch University.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.