Extend your studies and knowledge of surveying
This course will further develop your skills by teaching you how to operate sophisticated surveying equipment and software for conducting more complex engineering surveys, including road design and set out surveys and more complex surveying tasks.
This Diploma has a focus on geodetic surveying including how to conduct geodetic surveys and perform computations. You will also develop industry-specific skills including how to design basic engineering structures and plan spatial data collection. A large selection of electives is available, such as producing maps for land management purposes, producing mine drawings and how to set out stormwater systems.
When you complete this Diploma, you will be eligible for an Associate membership of the Surveying and Spatial Sciences Institute (Engineering and Mining Commission).
- Conduct advanced Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) data collection
- Setout surveys
- Create engineering drawings
- Perform advanced surveying computations
I have the following attributes:
- Good mathematics skills
- Able to work neatly and accurately
- Methodical with an eye for detail
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
You will need to have completed CPP40216 Certificate IV in Surveying to meet the entrance requirements.
This course may also be studied off campus provided you are employed in an appropriate work place and can have your work certified by a supervising surveyor.
for this Diploma qualification.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 3 days per week plus 4 days camp in semester 2
Other job titles may include:
- Senior Technical Officer
- Surveying Assistant
- Mine | Engineering Surveyor
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.