Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Lead and supervise open cut mining operations
Study this course and gain the practical skills and knowledge to lead and supervise operations involved in the extraction of materials in an open cut mine.
This Diploma reflects the role of mine managers in an open cut coal or metalliferous mine or a quarry, who perform tasks involving a high level of autonomy and requiring the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for themselves and others. On completion of this course you'll be able to demonstrate a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills and implement safety management plans.
The preferred pathway into this qualification is through experience in a formal supervision role in the open pit area.
- Implement risk management and compliance plans in mine operations
- Lead, guide and organise work teams
- Contribute to technical solutions
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Committed to occupational health and safety
- Strong leadership, business and financial management skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Please note that you must be employed as a senior supervisor in a mine site environment to enrol and complete this qualification. You will be required to submit a current resume to demonstrate your experience.
Other job titles may include:
- Coal Mine Manager
- Quarry Operations Area Manager
- Mine Manager (Metalliferous Mining)
- Quarry Operations Manager
- Quarry Manager
- Quarry Operations Technical Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.