Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Turn your passion for sport into a career
The Diploma of Sport has been designed with the career oriented, sports professional in mind and will provide you with a broad set of skills and knowledge to advance your career in the sport industry. You'll develop essential business skills such as project management, leadership and marketing, along with coaching and managing participants to perform and excel. Graduates from this course will be able to seek employment from a range of state sporting organisations or associated governing bodies, work independently in the private sector or as a self-employed business owner.
- High performance coaching
- Sport development management
- Talent management
- Events management
- Community sport developmet
I have the following attributes:
- Creative and innovative
- Strive for continuous improvement and the achievement of high standards
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to resolve conflict
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Able to work effectively in a team with the ability to lead and inspire
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
It is recommended that you have completed year 12 WACE or Certificate IV in Sport Development, or equivalent. Mature aged applicants may be asked to submit a portfolio of evidence demonstrating training, experience and employment in the sport industry.
Industry placement opportunities will be offered throughout the course. Completion of industry hours will be required for some assessments.
You will need to obtain a Working with Children Check.
Typical timetable is 3-4 days per week on campus, with attendance at occasional weekend events / activities required.
You will be required to buy a uniform.
Other job titles may include:
- Community and Development Officer
- Coordinator for Programs and Competitions
- Development officer
- Events Coordinator/Manager
- Events management
- High performance coach
- Sport development manager
- Sports Administrator
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Talent manager
- Volunteer Coordinator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Bachelors degree pathways in related fileds may be available upon sucessful completion.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.