Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
To infinity and beyond - this course could give you the perfect pathway to a successful career in IT
Boost your career in software development and programming with the Diploma of Software Development. It is the perfect course to help you achieve your aim. You'll gain the knowledge and skills to develop advanced apps using a variety of programming software and platforms such as Unity, Java, Python and C#. You will also advance your programming skills for emerging technologies depending on the campus you want to study at:
- Northbridge - Cloud / Mobile, Unity, Xamarin, Android/IOS App Development
- Joondalup - Cloud / Mobile, Unity, Virtual and Augmented Reality Development
During your course, you will continue to increase your skill level you achieved by completing Certificate IV in Programming. You will use current industry standards and emerging technology as you conduct LiveWorks Projects with industry partners.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification should contact the area to ensure they apply for the correct level of study.
- Data modelling
- Develop advanced apps
- Web programming
- Software testing
- Debugging systems
I have the following attributes:
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good process management skills
- Imaginative and good at creative reasoning
- Willing to keep up with industry trends and technological changes
I have attended the end of year graduations of students from North Metropolitan TAFE for the Cert IV in Programming, Cert IV in Web Based Technologies, Diploma of Software Development and Diploma of Website Development. As part of the experience, I see their end of year projects demonstrated and have the opportunity to question them on what they have built and the extent of their knowledge. Those students are Industry ready. I have attended for at least the past fours years, probably longer, and continue to be impressed with what I see. The courses get stronger each year, and the students graduating have a lot to offer.
Michelle Sandford, Chairman of the Australian Computer Society in WA, and Microsoft STEM Advocate.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
Job titles may include:
- Digital Programmer
- Business Programmer
- Software Developer
- Applications Support
- Software Applications Specialist
- Mobile and Desktop Applications Developer
- Games Programmer |
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.