Get the skills you need to start in the radio industry
Radio is an exciting, dynamic industry, filled with passionate, articulate people. This course will give you the skills to produce or present on your own radio show, entertaining and informing people and becoming apart of their daily lives.
You will develop a wide skill set in all aspects of the radio industry, with commercial and management skills. You will also have a placement in a real radio station our own BOOM Radio, giving you a chance to develop industry networks and practical experience.
Boom Radio is run by our students who are in their second and final year, studying an Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media (Radio Broadcasting).
- Develop concepts and produce programs and segments
- Develop, implement and monitor program schedules
- Edit sound and produce sound recordings
- Write narration and material for current affairs, features and documentaries
I have the following attributes:
- Creative mindset
- Good communication skills
- Focus and motivation
- Flexibility and good organisational skills
- Team player
- Reliability and able to work to a deadline
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other job titles may include:
- Radio Station Manager
- Assistant Producer
- Radio Promotions | Tactics Coordinator
- Assistant Music Director
- Radio News Journalist
- Social Media Assistant
- Production Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Leederville - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|