The need for creative and qualified thinkers in the film and television industry is growing
This industry-focused course will provide you with the specialised knowledge to operate individually or collaboratively within the media industry. Gain practical experience with this Diploma from North Metropolitan TAFE.
By working in North Metro's industry standard studios and on professionally-run productions, you'll be getting the most practical experience possible that will prepare you for working in a TV crew or film shoot with confidence. You will gain experience making a short documentary, networking, be given the opportunity to get work experience and many other practical training projects.
Once completed you can continue on to Advanced Diploma options in such areas as directing, cinematography, producing, production design, outside broadcast, corporate documentary work or sound design with further study at North Metropolitan TAFE.
If you continue with your studies you could also find yourself on a path to becoming a:
- Camera Operator
- Operate professional cameras
- Edit video and audio using industry-standard software
- Lighting techniques
- Work as part of a TV studio crew
- Develop content and script ideas for production
I have the following attributes:
- A passion for film and visual arts
- Creative flair
- The ability to follow instructions
- Technical and practical ability
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
The National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work applies to persons performing dogging and rigging work.
Sets or events may fall within the definition of construction work. People entering the construction site are required to complete the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training.
- Film, TV and Video Editor | Video Producer
- Camera Operator (Film, Television, Video) | Light Technician | Television Equipment Operator
Other jobs title may include:
- Screen Writer
- Production Manager (Film and Television) | Assistant Producer
- Sound Recordist
- Lighting Designer (Productions)
- Instructional Designer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.