You could be the next star within the makeup industry
This 12 month qualification will give you the skills to be a specialised Makeup Artist as well as a Hair and Wig Stylist and prepare you for a career working behind the scenes of films, television and theatre productions.
You'll have the opportunity to learn different techniques of makeup application, wig and hair styling, special effects and prosthetics to create and transform performers into characters that suit production briefs for musicals, plays, opera performances, movies and television. You will participate in many practical works inside and outside the classroom giving you hands on experience and the chance for your individual creativity to shine through.
The theatre, film and television industries are developing and growing rapidly with a strong demand for creative makeup artists. This course will give you the practical experience and knowledge to achieve a successful career path as a qualified creative makeup artist.
- Apply specialist make-up effects like burns and wounds
- Create prosthetics including foam latex application
- Style hair, wigs and hairpieces for productions
- Create body art
- Collaborate with film crews
I have the following attributes:
- Artistic ability and good colour perception
- Comfortable with physical contact and enjoy practical work
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, patient and tactful
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to working within new teams
- Able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
This course is run over 3 - 4 days per week.
This creative make-up diploma opens up many opportunities as a creative make up artist specialising in:
- Film & TV
- Photographic shoots
- Fashion and runway events
- Music and video clips
- Stage and theatre productions
- Art installations
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
The fees quoted are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2021 (fees are subject to change in 2022). Please view the full list of Fee disclaimers.
Please note fees listed include all units required to gain this qualification. If you're a continuing student and have successfully completed a lower-level qualification that is a prerequisite for this course, you'll only pay for the units that you need to enrol in, to complete this course.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.