You could be the next star within the make-up industry
On successful completion of the Diploma of Screen and Media (Creative Make-up) you'll be qualified to work in a number of fields where specialised hair and make-up is needed for film, television, theatre, dance, opera, fashion catwalk, advertising, magazines, concerts, special events and many more.
You'll work closely with NMTAFE's film and television students gaining practical industry experience as well as having the opportunity to work on large scale productions.
Marketing and running your own small business is also covered in this course, enabling you to provide freelance services across many industries.
If you are serious about pursuing a career as a creative make-up specialist then this practical course is for you.
- Apply specialist make-up effects like burns and wounds
- Create prosthetics including foam latex application
- Style hair, wigs and hairpieces for productions
- Create body art
- Collaborate with film crews
I have the following attributes:
- Artistic ability and good colour perception
- Comfortable with physical contact and enjoy practical work
- Positive attitude, self-motivation, patient and tactful
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Stamina, patience and concentration
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to adapt quickly to working within new teams
- Able to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
This course is run over 3 - 4 days per week.
This creative make-up diploma opens up many opportunities as a creative make up artist specialising in:
- Film & TV
- Photographic shoots
- Fashion and runway events
- Music and video clips
- Stage and theatre productions
- Art installations
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.