Become a confident entry level animator
The Diploma in Screen & Media (Animation & Visualisation) is the stepping stone between intermediate animators and industry ready graduates. By the end of this course you will have broached a number of technically challenging animation skill areas.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification should contact the area to ensure they apply for the correct level of study.
- Advanced modelling and rigging
- Concept art development
- Animation to storyboards and scripts
- Some games design
- High end visualization and rendering
I have the following attributes:
- Creative flair
- Strong spatial perception skills
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with different techniques
- Knowledge of digital image production techniques
- High attention to detail, and strong problem solving abilities
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
Other job titles may include:
- Special Effects Designer
- Animation Designer
- Instructional Designer
Entry level positions as 3D Modeller, 2D/3D Animator, 3D Rigger, Digital Artist, Architectural Visualisation, and Digital Proto-typer.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.