Create and explore new worlds with this animation & game art qualification
Through this course you'll gain skills in producing professional animation and game art using industry standard software.
This course prepares you for work, not just in the entertainment industries but also in advertising, architecture, visualisation and content creation for Virtual and Augmented Reality.
This course is 100% practical and you will develop your creative abilities in:
- 3D modelling and texturing
- Concept art and storyboarding
- 2D and 3D animation
- Game art and design
- Film editing
- Visual effects
- Software such as Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Unity, and Adobe Photoshop Premiere Pro, After Effects and Animate
I have the following attributes:
- Creative and imaginative
- Good analytical and spatial skills
- Technically minded
- Self motivated
Completion of CUA41215 AB74 Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Animation and Game Art)(opens in a new tab) , while not essesential provides a good foundation for this Diploma course.
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Concept Artist
- 2D/3D Animator
- Visual Effects Artist
- Special Effects Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Animation Designer
- Motion Graphics Artist (Film, TV, Advertising & Games industries)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see joboutlook.gov.au
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.