Create and explore new worlds with this animation & game art qualification
Through this course you'll gain skills in producing professional animation and game art using industry standard software.
This course prepares you for work, not just in the entertainment industries but also in advertising, architecture, visualisation and content creation for Virtual and Augmented Reality.
This course is 100% practical and you will develop your creative abilities in:
- 3D modelling and texturing
- Concept art and storyboarding
- 2D and 3D animation
- Game art and design
- Film editing
- Visual effects
- Software such as Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Unity, and Adobe Photoshop Premiere Pro, After Effects and Animate
I have the following attributes:
- Creative and imaginative
- Good analytical and spatial skills
- Technically minded
- Self motivated
Completion of CUA41215 AB74 Certificate IV in Screen and Media (Animation and Game Art)(opens in a new tab) , while not essential provides a good foundation for this Diploma course.
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Concept Artist
- 2D/3D Animator
- Visual Effects Artist
- Special Effects Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Animation Designer
- Motion Graphics Artist (Film, TV, Advertising & Games industries)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see joboutlook.gov.au
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|