Take your skills and experience in hairdressing or personal services to the next level
North Metropolitan TAFE's Diploma of Salon Management focuses on the skills needed to manage the day to day operation of a personal services business, including hiring and managing staff, liaising with business stakeholders and managing the financial operations of a salon. At this level you'll develop the ability to create and establish a client service culture, plan and implement marketing activities, and ensure that all workplace health and safety requirements are met in a sustainable business environment.
You'll be learning from professionals who have extensive industry experience and active industry networks. With a range of managerial and people skills you will be qualified to lead and develop your team and to apply your knowledge of operating a beauty services small business profitably and efficiently.
- Financial and management skills to operate a beauty services/hairdressing small business or franchise
- Communication skills to promote a small business
- Co-ordinate daily operations of a small business including managing treatment services, products and sales to clients
- Recruit, develop, mentor and lead a team in the personal service industry
- Provide a safe and sustainable work environment for staff and clients
I have the following attributes:
- Responsible and professional
- Well presented, reliable and punctual
- Strong organisational and record keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Balga - Off Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
Semester 2, 2021
Balga - Off Campus
|When||Semester 2, 2021|