This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Get national accreditation as a health care provider
This course will provide you with the latest remedial massage techniques. Whilst studying you will practice in a variety of clinical and sporting environments with clients ranging from people with disabilities to elite athletes - we are affiliated with Western Australian professional sporting teams such as the Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx, Perth Glory, Fremantle Dockers and the WA Female AFL Academy.
You will have access to facilities and resources including an on-campus library, student support services and the University of Western Australia’s wet labs.
A compulsory and highly valuable part of our course is a weekly supervised shift in the Live-Works Clinic.
On completion of this course you are able to apply for and receive a private health care provider number from the nationally accredited massage associations.
- Assess a client's massage needs and plan and conduct remedial massage using a wide range of soft tissue massage techniques
- A knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Communicate effectively with clients and health professionals, and engage with the health system
- Work safely and ethically in a health care environment
- Develop your own massage practice
I have the following attributes:
- Passion for natural health and wellness with the desire to help people
- Manual coordination, dexterity and sensitivity
- Well presented, enthusiastic and warm personality
- Sound attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
During the course you will need to obtain your Senior First Aid certificate with a recognised training provider.
Week 1 & 2 Monday to Friday 9am-4pm, practical foundations of massage and preparation for weekly Live-Works Clinic shift
Live-Works Clinic Open Wednesday and Thursday 1pm – 6:30pm, and Friday 10am – 3:00pm
Week 3 onwards Three to four days a week with a mixture of practical and theoretical work
Students can apply for health benefit provider numbers upon successful completion of the course
Other job titles may include:
- Remedial Massage Therapist
- Deep Tissue and Trigger Point Therapist
- Myofascial Release Therapist
- Swedish/Relaxation Massage Therapist
- Lymphatic Manual Drainage
- Sports Massage and Injury Prevention
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
University undergraduate degree
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|
Half price fees
The Lower fees, local skills (half price) discount and fee caps have already been applied to the Tuition fees displayed above. Please note that fee caps only apply to the calendar year, so multi-semester courses across more than one calendar year may have a higher fee. See the Half price courses page for more details.
Lower fees, local skills are available to residents of Western Australia, and temporary residents holding certain visa types. They are not available for people living outside of Western Australia, or international students. Full eligibility details are available on our Half price courses page.
Enquiries regarding fees can be made by calling us.
T 1300 300 822