This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees.
Get national accreditation as a health care provider
This course will provide you with the latest remedial massage techniques. Whilst studying you will practice in a variety of clinical and sporting environments with clients ranging from people with disabilities to elite athletes - we are affiliated with Western Australian professional sporting teams such as the Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx, Perth Glory, Fremantle Dockers and the WA Female AFL Academy.
You will have access to facilities and resources including an on-campus library, student support services and the University of Western Australia’s wet labs.
A compulsory and highly valuable part of our course is a weekly supervised shift in the Live-Works Clinic.
On completion of this course you are able to apply for and receive a private health care provider number from the nationally accredited massage associations.
- Assess a client's massage needs and plan and conduct remedial massage using a wide range of soft tissue massage techniques
- A knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Communicate effectively with clients and health professionals, and engage with the health system
- Work safely and ethically in a health care environment
- Develop your own massage practice
I have the following attributes:
- Passion for natural health and wellness with the desire to help people
- Manual coordination, dexterity and sensitivity
- Well presented, enthusiastic and warm personality
- Sound attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
During the course you will need to obtain your Senior First Aid certificate with a recognised training provider.
Week 1 & 2 Monday to Friday 9am-4pm, practical foundations of massage and preparation for weekly Live-Works Clinic shift
Live-Works Clinic Open Wednesday and Thursday 2pm – 7:30pm, and Friday 10am – 3:00pm
Week 3 onwards Three to four days a week with a mixture of practical and theoretical work
Other job titles may include:
- Remedial Massage Therapist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
University undergraduate degree
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Semester 1 intake with Lower fees, local skills in 2021 - Annual Full fee
Semester 1 intake with Lower fees, local skills in 2021 - Annual Concession fee
Semester 2 intake
Estimated Course Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.