Take your photography skills to new heights
This course blends theoretical and practical skills in photography and digital imaging. You’ll learn to create powerful and effective images for a range of audiences and genres.
Our lecturers are industry professionals with ‘real world’ experience. You will develop a thorough understanding of photographic design and theory around the changing nature of the creative industries, while developing your own style.
As part of your studies, you’ll have the opportunity to network with award winning professional photographers through a range industry events.
- Produce professional photographic images
- Digital processing and post production methods
- Research and apply current photo imaging trends
- Work within multiple photographic studios
- Work with a range of the latest photographic equipment
- Business applications
- Liaise with clients and others working in the field
I have the following attributes:
- Artistic and creative ability
- An interest in working with digital and social platforms in a creative workplace
- An desire to expand existing communication skills
- An eye for detail
- A visual and creative mind
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Required photography equipment
A quality DSLR or Mirrorless camera is preferred but not essential. Loan cameras are available for use but most students prefer to purchase their own equipment within the first semester.
The selection of camera equipment is a personal choice but if you require information on necessary features for cameras and other essential equipment our lecturing staff are available to help.
If you are unsure that your current camera is suitable, please use the course enquiry form below to contact our Head of Programs.
Other job titles may include:
- Photographic Artist
- Freelance photographer
- Photographic assistant
- Digital laboratory operator
- Sales consultant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.