Join our impressive list of music graduates
The Diploma of Music Industry (Performance) will provide you with instrumental/vocal technique and performance skills, music literacy and aural training and music analysis. You'll acquire the skills to perform in an ensemble, and develop a repertoire and original material in bands/ensembles which is recorded in our in-house recording studios.
You will learn how to incorporate technology into music composition and manage your intellectual property.
Benefit from studying music at North Metropolitan TAFE with industry standard learning resources such as our fully equipped live performance venue, recording studios and rehearsal studios. You'll be supported by North Metro TAFE's music lecturers who have current industry experience and gain exposure to a range of industry figures and networks while working closely with studio engineers and technical production teams.
A career in music is exciting and challenging and could see you achieve great things across the world. While it is a competitive industry to break into we will provide you with the skills in musical performance needed to unleash your creativity and outshine the rest.
Since 1996 our music graduates have gone on to form bands such as Birds of Tokyo and work with bands such as Gyroscope, Karnivool and Eskimo Joe.
- Apply music knowledge and artistic judgement to your work and career
- Develop instrumental/vocal technique
- Develop performance techniques
- Develop an ensemble and repertoire
- Perform as an ensemble
- Incorporate interactive technology into your performance
- Have an understanding of music composition and arrangement
- Understand the recording process, pre & post production
- Record with production teams in our industry standard studios and venue
- Collaborate with other musicians and sound production teams
I have the following attributes:
- Musical ability and talent
- Perseverance and determination to succeed in a very competitive industry
- Good time management and flexibility
- An ability to work and perform solo or in a group
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
You will need to have instrumental or vocal skills if you are applying for this course.
Other job titles may include:
- Singer | Band Singer | Pop Singer | Rock Singer
- Commercial Singer (Advertising)
- Band Leader
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.