Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Would you like to work in the music industry as an employee or in your own business?
Learn how to promote events and manage artists so you can start your own business or gain work in the music industry with this qualification.
You'll learn combined music and business skills in event promotion, artist management, record label operations and music publishing. Since 1996 our music graduates have gone on to form bands such as Birds of Tokyo and work with bands such as Gyroscope, Karnivool and Eskimo Joe all under the guidance of our industry experienced lecturers.
This hands-on approach throughout the year culminates in opportunities for work placement for you to apply a range of specific music business skills.
- Develop current music industry practices
- Promote music events
- Manage artists
- Understand record label operations
- Publish music
I have the following attributes:
- Passion and interest in the music industry
- Perseverance and determination to succeed in a very competitive industry
- Flexible with good time management skills
- Good communication skills and an ability to network
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
- Music Publisher
- Music/Artist Manager
- Music Promoter
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.