Advance your career in marketing through the development of strategic marketing and research capabilities
This qualification builds on the sound theoretical knowledge-base developed in the Certificate IV and expands your knowledge into practical skills and real-world experience.
Working with local clients, you're responsible for the account management of a series of projects, including building websites, creating persuasive advertisements for traditional and digital mediums, and designing and implementing an integrated marketing communications plan.
You're encouraged to practice soft skills like time management, interpersonal communication and teamwork; while undertaking advanced marketing tasks such as market research and analysis, evaluation of marketing opportunities and creative concept development. Gain confidence in public speaking, work with clients across broad industries and develop strategic marketing approaches based on research.
Upon completion, you'll be competent to work in entry-level positions within industry. Alternatively, graduates may choose to continue with tertiary studies at university, with the possibility of applying for credits/advanced standing for the units completed in the Diploma.
- Design and develop integrated marketing communication plans
- Interpret market trends and developments
- Create mass electronic media and print advertisements
- Plan market research
- Write persuasive copy
I have the following attributes:
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to analyse and interpret information
- Creative problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and enjoy working as part of a team
Entry to this qualification is limited to students who have completed all core units in BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication(opens in a new tab) .
Students are required to use their own initiative to secure work placement opportunities, supported by their lecturers.
We recommend that students complete this qualification within 6-months. Changes to the National qualification may result in additional studies. If you have any concerns or questions in relation to these changes, please contact the learning area for further information.
The Diploma requires students to source real clients across the four different clusters (courses) and lecturers will make work experience and internship opportunities known to students throughout the semester.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 3 days per week
- Marketing Manager | Sales Manager | Public Relations Manager | Campaign Manager | Advertising Manager
Other job titles may include:
- Market Research Specialist
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Online Marketing Manager
- Marketing Coordinator | Marketing Team Leader
- Product Manager
- International Marketing Coordinator (Education) | International Marketing Manager (Education)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|