The legal industry is looking for graduates with good people skills and knowledge of different areas of law
This course will provide you with skills and knowledge to support legal practitioners in various legal fields or as a legal officer within the public service, the courts or the private sector.
Your studies cover such areas as compliance, civil procedure, corporations law, property law, and wills and probate.
Enhance your employability with units like nurturing professional relationships and professional practice.
- Researching legal information using secondary sources
- Applying legal principles
- Identifying and interpreting compliance requirements
I have the following attributes:
- An eye for detail
- An interest in the law and legal processes
- Organised, logical and clear thinking
- Good oral and written communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Before entering this diploma qualification, while it is not a requirement, applicants are recommended to complete the Certificate IV in Legal Services or an equivalent course so that you have the underpinning knowledge required to complete this course successfully.
If you are already working in the industry, 2 years experience would be a sound basis for entrance to this course.
We recommend that students complete this qualification within 6-months. Changes to the National qualification may result in additional studies. If you have any concerns or questions in relation to these changes, please contact the learning area for further information.
Please note the following units are only delivered online:
- BSBCOM501 Identify and interpret compliance requirements
- BSBCMM501 Develop and nurture relationships
- BSBRES502 Research legal information using secondary sources
- BSBLED503 Maintain and enhance professional practice
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 2 to 3 days per week
Other job titles may include:
- Legal Services Support Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion of this course may provide credits or advanced standing in the first year of a university degree, check with the relevant university for more information.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.