Gain complex skills in laboratory technologies
This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge you need to use laboratory application software, plan and conduct laboratory/field work and communicate and provide information to customers. You will also be able to specialise in a diverse range of industries including chemical, medical and pathological, mining, biological, and environmental fields.
- Analyse, process and interpret data
- Report results
- Apply quality system and continuous improvement processes
I have the following attributes:
- A strong interest in science and chemistry
- Able to adhere to workplace safety standards
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team
- Normal colour vision
Please note: To gain entrance into this Diploma qualification you need to have:
MSL40118 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques(opens in a new tab) or equivalent
a Certificate IV or higher level qualification in a relevant science discipline
demonstrated equivalent skills and knowledge in a relevant science discipline.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 3 days per week
- Chemistry Technician | Earth Science Technician | Life Science Technician | School Laboratory Technician
Other job titles may include:
- Technical Laboratory Officer | Technical Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant | Laboratory Technician
- Instrument Operator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This course may provide university entry.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.