Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Gain advanced skills in networking and join this lucrative sector of the IT industry
When you complete the Diploma of Information Technology Networking you will have all the skills needed to be successful in this in-demand industry. This course includes Cisco devices, Microsoft Server operating system, Linux operating system and VMware. All current industry standards are covered and you'll gain real-world experience conducting help-desk support as part of your studies on our dedicated training network.
East Perth and Joondalup campuses have dedicated Training Networks and are registered as both Cisco Academy and Redhat Academy providers. Joondalup also offers Microsoft Imagine Academy as part of your studies.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification should contact the area to ensure they apply for the correct level of study.
- Manage complex networks
- Configure virtual computing environments
- Apply advanced switching and routing skills
- Implement active directories
- Administer Microsoft 365 and Azure systems
- Manage data/cloud storage systems
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Logical approach to problem solving
- A high level of patience
- An interest in electronics and computers
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- Recommended - portable self-powered USB 3.2 gen1 / gen2 SSD with at least 500GB storage
- 4 days per week plus Student Lab Time
Other job titles may include:
- Cloud Engineer
- Integration Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Solutions Architect
- Independent ICT specialist (Internetworking, security and e-business integration)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Enhance your skills in this area with the following study options. Or you could continue to study at university and possibly gain advanced standing. Contact your chosen university for information.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.