Complete this Diploma and you'll be well equipped to find employment with experience in running live briefs and advanced software skills
Study the Diploma of Graphic Design and you will develop advanced techniques in InDesign and Illustrator and use them to design annual reports, corporate identities, packaging and other press-ready artwork.
The Diploma also provides in-depth exposure to web design using WordPress, user interfaces, an introduction to game graphics using Unity and the current trend of UX Design (User Experience).
You will also learn 3D modelling using Trimble Sketchup to assist in visualising packaging, signage and concept art and bring them to life with Octane renderer. The Diploma course also gives you the opportunity to continue explorations into concept development, creative thinking, online social media advertising and digital illustration using Corel Painter.
We usually run several live briefs with external clients, mainly not-for-profit organisations, to replicate real client experiences. From this exposure you will also learn about the business aspect of graphic design.
The Diploma paves the way for the Advanced Diploma, and at Diploma level it is expected that you will work at a certain level of autonomy regarding research and time management. It is not uncommon for students at this level to gain employment in the industry, where you have access to workplace assessment or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Design, manipulate and produce graphic designs for 2D and 3D applications using a variety of software
- Client liaison, copyright/intellectual property, invoicing and networking
- Present a body of creative work
- Refine drawing and other visual representation tools
- Build dynamic websites
- Provide freelance services
I have the following attributes:
- A strong visual focus and creative flair
- Able to think laterally and come up with creative solutions
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Certificate IV in Design (Graphic Design) or Certificate IV in Printing and Graphic Arts, or equivalent, or relevant industry experience.
Other job titles may include:
- Web and Multimedia Design Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|