Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
If your friends call you a born organiser then turn that natural talent into a career
The Diploma of Event Management will provide you with a range of events administration and operational skills, knowledge of event industry operations, sound knowledge of event management processes and a broad range of skills to coordinate event operations.
You will gain the confidence to work with some independence using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities. You will also be equipped to work independently and make operational event management decisions.
Events are diverse in nature and this qualification provides a pathway to work in events in a range of industries including tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural, and community sectors.
- Prepare and present proposals
- Comply with regulations
- Organise and manage sponsorship
- Manage finances and budgets
- Manage volunteers
- Coordinate marketing activities
I have the following attributes:
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Outgoing and dynamic personality
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisation, time managements and administration skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
When applying for this course prior study within the industry will be considered. Where there is limited study, you may be directed into a more suitable level course.
- Polo shirt
- Conference and Event Organiser | Event Management Consultant | Event Manager | Exhibition Organiser | Wedding Coordinator
Other job titles may include:
- Event Sales Coordinator
- Function Coordinator
- Venue Coordinator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.