Assist in the management of environmental issues with this diploma
With a growing importance on conservation and environmental impact of business on ecosystems, conservation and ecosystem restoration, this is a good time to join this industry. It is a slow but growing area that is linked to our resource industry and increasing issues with the degradation of ecosystems.
This course covers the skills and knowledge you need to apply a range of methods and technologies to conduct environmental sampling, testing and monitoring. The skills are used in most industry sectors and to assist environmental scientists, engineers and planners with site assessment, minimising environmental impacts of processes and remediation/rehabilitation of sites.
This course is multi-faceted, using field trip activities including a regional trip each semester, lab work, team work and online learning to assess your progress.
Learn how to plan and conduct environmental project work and use equipment to collect and evaluate data taken from the environment including;
- Ground and surface waters
- Flora and fauna surveys
- Spatial information and mapping
- Air and soil
- Common geological landforms
I have the following attributes:
- An interest in conservation and the environment
- An interest in working to reduce human impacts on the environment
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Written and oral communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
We work very hard to help you succeed in our courses, but advise you to consider the following:
- If your English skills are not strong you are encouraged to complete an English course first.
- The best chance for success is if you have completed year 12, a Certificate III or higher, a degree in this or a related course or equivalent training
- If you have not studied for some time you could consider enrolling in a Certificate III in Laboratory Operations to see how your circumstances support your study first before committing to this course. This certificate also gives you some underpinning skills and knowledge that will be valuable for your Diploma studies.
Other costs for consideration:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Three regional field trips (approx. $100 each)
- 2.5 days per week
- Full day field trips
- 3 days/2 nights regional field trip each semester
Other job titles may include:
- Life Science Technician
- Environmental Technician
- Natural Resource Management Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This course may provide university entry.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.