Assist in the management of environmental issues with this diploma
With a growing importance on conservation and environmental impact of business on ecosystems, conservation and ecosystem restoration, this is a good time to join this industry. It is a slow but growing area that is linked to our resource industry and increasing issues with the degradation of ecosystems.
This course covers the skills and knowledge you need to apply a range of methods and technologies to conduct environmental sampling, testing and monitoring. The skills are used in most industry sectors and to assist environmental scientists, engineers and planners with site assessment, minimising environmental impacts of processes and remediation/rehabilitation of sites.
This course is multi-faceted, using field trip activities including a regional trip each semester, lab work, team work and online learning to assess your progress.
Learn how to plan and conduct environmental project work and use equipment to collect and evaluate data taken from the environment including;
- Ground and surface waters
- Flora and fauna surveys
- Spatial information and mapping
- Air and soil
- Common geological landforms
I have the following attributes:
- An interest in conservation and the environment
- An interest in working to reduce human impacts on the environment
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Written and oral communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
We work very hard to help you succeed in our courses, but advise you to consider the following:
- If your English skills are not strong you are encouraged to complete an English course first.
- The best chance for success is if you have completed year 12, a Certificate III or higher, a degree in this or a related course or equivalent training
- If you have not studied for some time you could consider enrolling in a Certificate III in Laboratory Operations to see how your circumstances support your study first before committing to this course. This certificate also gives you some underpinning skills and knowledge that will be valuable for your Diploma studies.
Other costs for consideration:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Three regional field trips (approx. $100 each)
- 2.5 days per week
- Full day field trips
- 3 days/2 nights regional field trip each semester
Other job titles may include:
- Life Science Technician
- Environmental Technician
- Natural Resource Management Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This course may provide university entry.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
East Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|