Are you ready for an advanced engineering career?
When you complete the Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade you'll have specialist skills in hydraulic systems careers, as a technical specialist, supervisor, or advanced tradesperson.
NMTAFE's Diploma of Engineering - Advanced Trade provides you with a specialisation in the field of Fluid Power which would be of benefit to any qualified tradesperson who is a mechanical fitter or fitter machinist.
This is a post trade qualification. You must be able to produce current certificate III, trade papers, qualifications, or equivalent to study.
- Modify fluid power control systems
- Interpret technical manuals
- Write technical reports
- Research and analyse engineering data
- Workplace health and safety
I have the following attributes:
- Qualified tradesperson
- Comfortable working in a physical environment
- Enjoy technical and engineering activities
- Good problem solving skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
This is a post trade qualification, you need to have competed a trade certificate or equivalent to aply.
For the Fluid Power stream you must have completed MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering (Fluid Power), or equivalent.
This Fluid Power Diploma stream will only be run with sufficient enrolments, please register your interest in doing this course by contacting email@example.com.
- Advanced Engineering Tradesperson (Mechanical)
- Welding Inspector
- Welding Supervisor
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.