Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
A fulfilling career helping children grow and develop
This diploma will provide you with the skills and knowledge to manage the operation of a child care centre where you would be responsible for planning, implementing and managing programs in early childhood services (0-5 years), in accordance with licensing, accreditation and duty of care requirements. You would also supervise staff and volunteers.
During this course you will learn to provide care and meet the social, emotional, physical and educational needs of infants and young children in various care settings.
As part of this qualification you will undertake ongoing work placement where you will be able to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned. You will work closely with children from different backgrounds and cultures and provide care and support for them.
In most states this is the highest qualification required at director or service manager level for children's service centre based care and education.
- Ethical work practices and legal requirements of the industry
- Advanced skills in:
- Care routines
- Working with families
- Observing and recording children's behaviour
- Working with culturally diverse clients
- Managing safety in the workplace
I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy working with children and able to relate to them and their parents
- Enthusiastic, tactful, patient and a sense of humor
- Calm, alert, observant and active
- Able to use judgment and initiative and work as part of a team
- Good fitness level to be able to lift children and child care equipment
Follow the link to find further information to help you make an informed choice about the suitability of this course.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Before attending work placement you will be required to obtain:
- Working with Children Check
- Federal Police Clearance
- Medical clearance
Under 18 students will be required to obtain a Confidential Statutory Declaration and a medical clearance.
The Diploma will only take two semesters to complete after successful completion of CHC30113 J587 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care.
Other job titles may include:
- Crèche Supervisor
- Child Care Supervisor
- Playgroup Leader
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Graduates are eligible for university entry and credit.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
With Lower fees, local skills in 2021
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Estimated Course Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.