Gain an industry specific qualification which relates to your Community Development job
Community development is all about the growth and empowerment of individuals, groups or communities.
The Diploma of Community Development will give you the skills to develop and deliver programs that build the capacity of communities to influence and guide their own future through public social change processes.
At this level, workers have specialised skills with complexity in the range and choices of actions required and will generally have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers. This work may be undertaken across a range of social, environment, health, recreation, arts and culture sectors.
Training can be customised to suit the Local Government sector, and this course is supported by the LGPA Community Development Network.
- Support community action
- Work within organisation structures to enable community development outcomes
- Implement community development strategies
I have the following attributes:
- Conceptual and analytical skills
- Value people, partnerships and teamwork
- Cultural awareness
- Organised with a flexible approach to work
Workplace training offers a flexible, self-paced study program which combines workplace recognition of prior learning and individualised ‘gap’ training to attain your qualification.
Workplace training means every time you go to work you are learning and demonstrating competence while working towards your qualification. The flexibility of workplace training allows you to structure and perform learning and assessment in a way that fits into your professional and personal life.
Learning and assessment plans are created on an individual level in consultation with you and/or your employer. Workplace training assessment is conducted using numerous methods including practical demonstration and observation, question and answer interviews, written tasks, supervisor reports and workshops.
To enquire or enrol please fill out the Course Enquiry Form
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
This course is only available through a employer-based study mode so you need to be employed in a role that includes a moderate level of community development work in order to complete the qualification.
- Community Development Manager | Neighbourhood Centre Manager | Community Education Manager
- Community Development Worker for Social Housing | Community Development Officer
- Community Engagement Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.