Opportunities for strong career growth
You'll gain the skills you need to begin or advance your career in civil engineering with this Diploma course.
This course is aimed at school leavers, graduates of the Certificate III in Engineering - Technical, those wishing to gain employment in the field of Civil and Structural Engineering, and as trainee drafters.
You will be taught engineering drafting standards AS1100 and gain exposure to CAD packages selected from AutoCAD, Revit and 12D.
Students will be introduced to sustainability principles and produce civil construction drawings as part of their assessment.
- Work with steel structures
- Work with concrete structures
- Design principles of bulk earth works
- Plan civil works
I have the following attributes:
- An interest in solving practical and technical problems
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret information
- Strong communication skills
- An interest in the principles of physics and maths
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Certificate III in Engineering or related field
This course forms the first part of the Advanced Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering(opens in a new tab) qualification
It will be run at our East Perth campus with some lab work based at NMT’s Perth campus (30 Aberdeen St building).
Other job titles may include:
- Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
- Road Design Draftsperson
- Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.