Further your designing career in the building and construction industry
This course builds on the skills obtained in the Certificate IV in Residential Drafting and provides more drafting and design experience in ArchiCAD and Revit software for residential and small-scale building projects.
You will cover principles of energy efficient design and sustainability for design projects and occupational health and safety requirements for this booming industry.
Once you've completed this Diploma you will be able to work in a design office on commercial and residential projects with architects, builders, and project managers.
- Identify and produce estimated costs
- Prepare concept designs and specifications
- Produce and present 3-D models
- Research and create client approved designs and drawings that are compliant
- Research the best construction materials and methods for building and construction projects
I have the following attributes:
- Spatial awareness and creativity
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working with computers
- Good time management skills
Completion of 52757WA Certificate IV in Residential Building Drafting(opens in a new tab) or equivalent.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 4 days per week
Other job titles may include:
- Building Contractor
- Architectural Drafter
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|