Further your designing career in the building and construction industry
This course builds on the skills obtained in the Certificate IV in Residential Drafting and provides more drafting and design experience in ArchiCAD and Revit software for residential and small-scale building projects.
You will cover principles of energy efficient design and sustainability for design projects and occupational health and safety requirements for this booming industry.
Once you've completed this Diploma you will be able to work in a design office on commercial and residential projects with architects, builders, and project managers.
- Identify and produce estimated costs
- Prepare concept designs and specifications
- Produce and present 3-D models
- Research and create client approved designs and drawings that are compliant
- Research the best construction materials and methods for building and construction projects
I have the following attributes:
- Spatial awareness and creativity
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Comfortable working with computers
- Good time management skills
Completion of 52757WA Certificate IV in Residential Building Drafting(opens in a new tab) or equivalent.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 4 days per week
Other job titles may include:
- Building Contractor
- Architectural Drafter
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.