Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
We've been producing skilled construction workers for over 50 years – making us the perfect choice for your training
This Diploma has close ties with the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety - Building and Energy - Building Services Board. You'll gain the skills and knowledge to work in building management, production teams and the operations workforce to manage constructions from a small building business through to medium rise constructions.
There are many ways that you can study this course including full time, part time, Flexible Learning Stream and employer-based. For information about Flexible Learning Stream (FLS) delivery for this course, view our flyer(opens in a new tab) for details, or call us to discuss our other study options.
- Building codes and standards knowledge
- Structural principles
- Medium size building project management
- Supervise construction-planning processes
- Legal obligations
- Monitor costing systems
- Develop policies and procedures
- Builder's office operation and production
I have the following attributes:
- Good communication and team working skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Good organisational skills
- Technical aptitude
- Good written and electronic computer skills
- Office and paperwork focused
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Please note this qualification is open to two groups of students;
1. Students who wish to apply for their Builder’s Registration and who have seven years’ building experience (or will have by the end of the course); and
2. Students who may not have seven years’ experience in the building industry (or no experience at all). For these students, this qualification will provide opportunities in the para-professional jobs listed in ‘Job Opportunities’ section.
Work placement is encouraged and is the responsibility of the student. This can be done on the non-training days.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books for specific units
- Approximately 25 hours over 3.5 days per week (full-time)
- Evenings (part-time)
Other para-professionaljob titles may include:
- Estimating and Office Administrator
- Quantities, Materials and Project officer
- Contracts, Specifications and Legal context officer
- WHS Building & Construction management operations
- Building Inspectors
- Building Consultant (Building & Construction)
- Project Manager (Building & Construction)
- Building & Construction Supervisor
- Building Site Manager
- Builders Office & Production Manager
- Renovation and Repurpose works officer
- Facilities & Construction maintenance officer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Advanced Diploma of Building and Construction Management or University
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.