Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Accounting is the language of practical business life
This course builds on the Certificate IV in Accounting and provides you with skills in creating manual and computerised summaries of the financial transactions of an organisation.
Keen to get started? We offer this course on campus and online.
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Produce and analyse financial reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Provide financial and business performance information
I have the following attributes:
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational and record keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
Completion of the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set; or completion of FNS40217 Certificate IV Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent.
This course is six months (1 semester) full time after completion of the Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping or equivalent.
Classes are delivered over four days per week for one semester when you study full-time.
As well as the in-class component, approximately five hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, is recommended, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
On your first day you should bring your North Metropolitan TAFE confirmation of enrolment, your student ID and stationery (pen and exercise book).
As a student you will also have additional costs associated with your study, for example text, course book/s, software and you will need to pay for stationery, printing and other materials required for your assignments.
- Accounts Clerk | Assistant Accountant | Accounting Manager
- Financial Administration Officer | Bookkeeper
- Payroll Officer | Senior Payroll Officer
Other job titles may include:
- Finance Sector Supervisor
- Senior Financial Clerk
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.