Gain the skills to market and distribute your music to a wider audience
Whether you are a graduate of North Metropolitan TAFE's Diploma of Music Industry (Music Business), a music manager, a self managed artist or a hobby musician, this skill set will help you access a wider audience for your music. Knowledge and skills gained will contextualise the distribution aspect of the music industry with a broader market building framework.
This course is suited to students who have relevant skills and knowledge developed by completing CUA50815 Diploma of Music Industry (Music Business) and for those who have industry experience but need to develop their technical skills.
- Manage the distribution of music in both physical and digital formats
- Manage distribution of products associated with the music
- Design marketing campaigns
- Implement campaigns
- Analyse success of a campaign
As part of the requirements for this skill set you will need marketing resources, such as high resolution master audio files and print ready photos, which will either be pre-existing or will need to be developed outside of the classroom.
Training will be delivered over 8 x 3 hour sessions. Time will be allowed during a break in these sessions for you to be able to develop a plan and then build your release assets before distributing your material.
Course dates for 2021
The next course will run during Term 3 - dates to be confirmed.
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.