Learn to use Python for creating programs and automating processes
This course is for anyone who is newly unemployed or looking at exploring a career in cyber security; or IT employees in the networking field who want to upskill or start their journey in cyber security scripting language.
You will gain skills in using a scripting language to construct software solutions and learn simple programming techniques used in cyber security.
Upon completion of this skill set you can continue your studies in the Certificate IV in Cyber Security or the Certificate IV in Programming.
- Writing scripts and automating processes for software applications
- An understanding of programming principles using a widely recognised langauge used primarily in CyberSecurity field
Classes are facilitated by a lecturer online on Mondays, 18:00 to 21:00, for 18 weeks.
Course starts Monday 1 Feb 2021
This course will prepare you for further study in the in demand field of cyber security, or into software development.
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.