Cover all the basics for use and maintenance of CNC lathes and machining centres
CNC Machining is a method carried out by computerised devices to perform a broad range of manufacturing tasks in a wide variety of fields.
During this course you will cover:
- Safety on and around CNC lathes
- Start-up, shut-down and basic maintenance of CNC lathes
- Setting of tools and jaws
- Basic lathe programming (Fanuc)
- Sample of repetitive cycles (rough turning, finish turning, threading)
- Operation of the lathe with a small part project
- Safety on and around CNC machining centres
- Start-up, shutdown and basic maintenance of CNC machining centres
- Setting of tools and work holding devices
- Basic machining centre programming (Fanuc)
- Sample of canned cycles (peck drilling, boring, tapping etc.)
- Operation of the machining centre with a small part project
Please note classes are run subject to numbers (minimum 10 students)
This course is run over six evenings, 5.30pm - 9.00pm.
2021 course dates
26/10 - 31/11
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.