Cover all the basics for use and maintenance of CNC lathes and machining centres
CNC Machining is a method carried out by computerised devices to perform a broad range of manufacturing tasks in a wide variety of fields.
During this course you will cover:
- Safety on and around CNC lathes
- Start-up, shut-down and basic maintenance of CNC lathes
- Setting of tools and jaws
- Basic lathe programming (Fanuc)
- Sample of repetitive cycles (rough turning, finish turning, threading)
- Operation of the lathe with a small part project
- Safety on and around CNC machining centres
- Start-up, shutdown and basic maintenance of CNC machining centres
- Setting of tools and work holding devices
- Basic machining centre programming (Fanuc)
- Sample of canned cycles (peck drilling, boring, tapping etc.)
- Operation of the machining centre with a small part project
Please note classes are run subject to numbers (minimum 10 students)
This course is run over six evenings, 5.30pm - 9.00pm.
2021 course dates
26/10 - 31/11
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.