Enter the vast world of website design and development
Most businesses and organisations have an online presence and websites have become an essential part of any organisation looking to reach out to its target audience.
Upon completion of this qualification you'll be able to be involved in both the design and technical development of a website, designing and constructing web pages and creating the look and feel of the site. With your qualification you could find a career as an in-house designer or work in a design studio.
Our Certificate IV in Website Technologies is the foundation and core development structure that leads into our Diploma of Web Development. Essential concepts covered include Front-end and Back-end development. You'll be encouraged to develop the independent thinking and problem solving skills needed for communicating and working with clients in the Diploma course.
- Digital graphics skills through UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) design principles
- Testing sites to meet and comply with W3C standards that cover Accessibility and Usability, Findability and SEO development
I have the following attributes:
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Good communication skills
- An aptitude for design
- Keen to keep up to date with new web technologies and trends
I have attended the end of year graduations of students from North Metropolitan TAFE for the Cert IV in Programming, Cert IV in Web Based Technologies, Diploma of Software Development and Diploma of Website Development. As part of the experience, I see their end of year projects demonstrated and have the opportunity to question them on what they have built and the extent of their knowledge. Those students are Industry ready. I have attended for at least the past fours years, probably longer, and continue to be impressed with what I see. The courses get stronger each year, and the students graduating have a lot to offer.
Michelle Sandford, Chairman of the Australian Computer Society in WA, and Microsoft STEM Advocate.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- Face-to-face delivery requires 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Online delivery requires one Online Class Session with Lecturer/other students per week around existing contact
Other job titles may include:
- Assistant Webmaster
- Assistant Web Designer
- Web Support Administrator
- Website Administrator
- Website Coordinator
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.