Add to your palette of visual arts and crafts skills in the cultural heart of the city
This course will give you an immersive visual arts experience, where you'll be able to explore a variety of mediums including painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, printmaking and digital art. Plus you'll gain skills in contextual studies and safety and sustainability in the visual arts.
You'll study in our excellent art and craft facilities and benefit from our long history of delivering training in the creative industries.
If you start this course in semester two you will undertake an intensive delivery and complete the course in six months. You will be required to attend classes three days a week on campus to complete practical units in painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and ceramics, and the fourth day will involve a mix of online learning, a virtual classroom and gallery or site visits for theoretical and digital art units.
On completion you can continue to develop your skills through a wide range of creative courses on offer at North Metro TAFE.
- Develop as an artist and discuss ideas for own creative work
- Experiment with techniques to produce ceramics, drawing, paintings, prints, sculpture, photographic images
- Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D and 3D forms
- Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
I have the following attributes:
- Creativity, imagination and artistic skill
- Good hand-eye coordination, with an attention to detail
- Dedication, confidence and self-motivation
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- Art Supplies Kit (approx. $175.00)
- 3- 4 days per week
Other job titles may include:
- Studio Artist
- Ceramic Artist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.