Get a head start in the sporting industry
This Certificate IV in Sport Development will give you the skills to get ahead and take advantage of the varied opportunities in the sporting industry in Australia. You'll cover topics such as; teamwork and leadership; planning and delivering sport and recreation programs; using sport technology; event management; risk management; exercise science; managing volunteers and working with stakeholders. You'll be equipped to fulfil your clients' sporting objectives and work effectively within a sporting organisation.
During the course of your studies you'll have access to the live works gym facility at our Northbridge campus and have the opportunity to gain learning support to improve study, literacy or numeracy skills.
- developing knowledge of sport technology used in the industry
- work effectively within a team environment or autonomously in an organisational structure
- the ability to conduct and coordinate sporting activities for others
- understand how to incorporate exercise science principles into fitness instruction and programming
- responsibility for coordination and supervision of volunteers in variety of roles
- ability to plan, setup, conduct and monitor an event
I have an interest in the sport industry and I have the following attributes:
- Enjoy participating in sport and being physically active
- Able to work in a team and communicate with others
- Above average English literacy skills
- Good organisational, time-management and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Keen to learn new concepts, ideas and methods
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
It is recommended that you have completed year 12 WACE or Certificate III in Sport and Recreation.
Mature aged applicants may be asked to submit a portfolio of evidence demonstrating training, experience and employment in the sport industry.
This course does not guarantee you a direct pathway into employment in the sport industry but will help you prepare for a role in a variety of sporting organisations or agencies.
You'll have 3 to 4 days per week of classes on campus and you will also need to be available to voluntarily participate in activities off campus, outside of timetabled hours, when requested.
You'll need to buy a sport uniform and get a Working With Children Check.
- Development officer
- Coordinator for Programs & Competitions
- Volunteer coordinator
- Events coordinator
- Talent Development Coordinator
- Administrator within sport clubs or organisations
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
You can continue your studies in a Diploma course or apply for entry into a Bachelor degree at university.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.