Enter the gateway to the creative world of animation and games art
Through this entry-level course you'll gain a range of skills in designing and producing digital art, animation and games and will be engaged in real life animation challenges. You’ll gain art and design skills that will put you on the path to be competitive in the global entertainment industry.
Through this qualification you will be introduced to 3D modeling, digital art, animation and game design using industry standard software. The skills and knowledge you'll gain from this certificate will put you on the right track to gaining an exciting and satisfying career in animation and you'll also be equipped to continue with your studies with North Metropolitan TAFE's Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation and Games Art).
This course is 100% practical and you will learn the basics of:
- 3D modelling
- Digital art
- 2D animation
- Game design
- Software including Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Unity and Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
I have the following attributes:
- Creatively driven and imaginative
- Self motivated and passionate
- Good analytical and spatial skills
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Concept Artist
- Visual Effects Artist
- Digital Artist
- 2D/3D Animator
- Animation/Visual Effects Designer
- Motion Graphics Artist (Film, TV, Advertising & Games industries)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see joboutlook.gov.au
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|