Enter the gateway to the creative world of animation and games art
Through this entry-level course you'll gain a range of skills in designing and producing digital art, animation and games and will be engaged in real life animation challenges. You’ll gain art and design skills that will put you on the path to be competitive in the global entertainment industry.
Through this qualification you will be introduced to 3D modeling, digital art, animation and game design using industry standard software. The skills and knowledge you'll gain from this certificate will put you on the right track to gaining an exciting and satisfying career in animation and you'll also be equipped to continue with your studies with North Metropolitan TAFE's Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation and Games Art).
This course is 100% practical and you will learn the basics of:
- 3D modelling
- Digital art
- 2D animation
- Game design
- Software including Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Unity and Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
I have the following attributes:
- Creatively driven and imaginative
- Self motivated and passionate
- Good analytical and spatial skills
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Concept Artist
- Visual Effects Artist
- Digital Artist
- 2D/3D Animator
- Animation/Visual Effects Designer
- Motion Graphics Artist (Film, TV, Advertising & Games industries)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
For information about jobs and pathways, please see joboutlook.gov.au
- Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation and Game Art)
- Advanced Diploma of Screen and Media (Game Art and Design)
North Metropolitan TAFE offers you a range of further study opportunities, see below for a list of related courses.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.