Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Join the top priority IT industry and take on a crucial role in IT programming
Study this course and you'll gain skills in basic and intermediate programming by using at least two different programming languages.
Programming is a crucial part of IT and is constantly innovating and evolving. Completing our Certificate IV in Programming will open the door into this in-demand industry.
- Object oriented design
- Graphical user interface development
- Knowledge of software libraries
- Writing technical documentation
I have the following attributes:
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good process management skills
- Imaginative and good at creative reasoning
- Willing to keep up with industry trends and technological changes
I have attended the end of year graduations of students from North Metropolitan TAFE for the Cert IV in Programming, Cert IV in Web Based Technologies, Diploma of Software Development and Diploma of Website Development. As part of the experience, I see their end of year projects demonstrated and have the opportunity to question them on what they have built and the extent of their knowledge. Those students are Industry ready. I have attended for at least the past fours years, probably longer, and continue to be impressed with what I see. The courses get stronger each year, and the students graduating have a lot to offer.
Michelle Sandford, Chairman of the Australian Computer Society in WA, and Microsoft STEM Advocate.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Other job titles may include:
- Assistant Programmer (in a team of software developers)
- Support Programmer (to senior programmers or systems analysts)
- IT Admin
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Enhance your skills in this area with the following study options.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.