Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
Are you interested in a career in health but don’t know where to start?
The Certificate IV in Preparation for Health and Nursing Studies will give you a sound knowledge about the human body and health, as well as the study skills to support your further learning.
As well as being a great starting point, the course is also great stepping stone between Certificate III qualifications such as Health Service Assistance, Allied Health Assistance and towards Diploma qualifications like Enrolled Nursing.
To complete this course you'll participate in a combination of Collaborate (virtual classroom) and online sessions, with some face to face tutorials.
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Provide information on human anatomy and physiology
- Provide information on the fundamental principles of microbiology used in health settings
- Use mathematics in a nursing and health context
I have the following attributes:
- Caring, understanding, non-judgmental and empathetic
- Attention to detail and diligent
- Quick problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
This course will be delivered in a combination of Collaborate (virtual classroom) and online sessions, with some face to face tutorials.
Not occupationally specific. This course will give you a sound knowledge about the human body and health, as well as the study skills to support learning in qualifications such as Health Service Assistance, Allied Health Assistance and Diploma qualifications like Enrolled Nursing.
Further study pathways may include:
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Other health-related degrees at university
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees until 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee). Please see below an approximate estimate of what you will pay on enrolment.
Annual Full fee
Annual Concession fee
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.